SMS notification is a short text message that businesses or banks send to their customers to inform them about their bank transactions.
There is no bank that doesn’t provide bank alert services to their customers. It is one of the ways they have devised to make money. While some customers have activated the alert, others haven’t perhaps because they don’t see the need for it.
Why you need an SMS alert
You will need to activate an sms alert to keep you abreced with your bank transactions.
If there is fraud or any irregular activities/changes in your bank account, you will get an alert especially when money is deducted from your account without your authorization.
Another benefit of an SMS bank alert is that you will get reminders and other relevant information.
How to activate ABSA SMS Alert
1. Visit www.absa.com.gh
2. Click logon next to the search tab
3. Click login
4. Enter username and password and click log in
5. Enter OTP received via SMS and click next
6. Select ‘Customer Service’ tab above
7. Select ‘Alert’ on your right
8. Select account you want alert on
9. Specify alert details and submit
8. Wait and enter OTP
9. You will see a confirmation screen