A bank-to-bank transfer, also known as an external transfer, is the process of getting funds from an account at Bank A to another at Bank B. External transfers that are electronic or utilize the internet can expedite getting money to someone else by eliminating the need to physically move cash between banks.
1. Visit www.absa.com.gh
2. Click logon next to the search tab
3. Click login
4. Enter username and password and click log in
5. Enter OTP received via SMS and click next
6. Select ‘transfer and payment’ tab above
7. Select ‘fund transfer’ on your right
8. Select account you want to transfer funds from and payee
9. Select ‘Domestic Non Absa real time pay
10. For a registered payee, enter amount, payment description and click next (For a new payee, enter customer details and follow the next steps)
11. Review and confirm transaction details
12. You will see a confirmation screen
How long does it take to transfer money from Absa to another bank?
The funds will reach the receiving bank immediately and will be credited to the recipient’s account according to the receiving bank’s internal process. Immediate access of funds is subject to a one-hour delay for the first and second payments to new beneficiaries/once-off payments.