State Farm 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service. State Farm® provides towing and labor services when your vehicle is disabled. Get Roadside Assistance.
How Much Does State Farm Roadside Service Cost?
State Farm Roadside Assistance Overview
|Available||All 50 states (coverage options vary by state)|
|Service Calls||No annual limit stated|
|On-Scene Labor||1 hour|
|Contact||855-259-8568 (roadside assistance)877-627-5757 (service provider)800-782-8332 (general inquiries)855-733-7333 (customer service)Mobile app|
State Farm customers can add roadside assistance to their auto policy for as low as $8 per year in some states.
Our Thoughts on State Farm Roadside Assistance
State Farm is a strong brand with a high customer satisfaction rating in 2021 by J.D. Power. We recommend adding State Farm roadside assistance services to your existing auto policy for its affordability and suite of basic roadside services.
However, we were not fans of State Farm’s varying costs and coverages per location. After asking two different agents in California about towing services, for example, one informed us that the distance to the nearest repair location would be covered and the other specified 13 miles. This limit lowers to just 10 miles according to a State Farm agent in Florida.
Therefore, the best way to get an accurate quote is to ask your local State Farm agent. This is an additional step, while some national auto carriers post their pricing online. Still, the cost of adding roadside coverage to your State Farm policy is relatively affordable, with quotes ranging from $8 to $24 per year (about $1 to $2 per month).
How to Contact State Farm Roadside Assistance at Toll-Free Phone Number?
You Need State Farm Roadside Assistance to support help? Call The State Farm Roadside Assistance Number at 1-877-627-5757 . and To speak to a representative is available 24/7, If your vehicle breaks down for any reason, you’re able to call State Farm roadside service for help, State Farm emergency road service can be easily requested by calling their toll-free number.
State Farm Roadside Assistance Cost
The cost of adding State Farm roadside assistance to your policy may range from $8 to $24 per year depending on your vehicle and location. Generally costing $2 or less per month, roadside coverage through State Farm is easy on the wallet. Be sure to double-check with your State Farm agent, as the actual cost can vary based on your vehicle and location.
If you are looking for the lowest-priced plan then you will have to skip State Farm’s $48 per year roadside assistance.
State Farm provides towing and labor services when your vehicle is disabled.
What to Expect State Farm 24 hour Emergency Roadside Service
- When you request assistance, a service provider will be dispatched to assist you and take care of your Emergency Road Service need.
- If your coverage is verified, you will not bear the up-front financial burden as State Farm will be billed directly for basic services. Note: You may incur out-of-pocket costs for replacement items such as tires, gas, and batteries.
- If you do not have Coverage H (Emergency Road Service), you will pay for the services at a competitive rate negotiated by State Farm. This rate will usually be less than what is available in the market. (Examples of services can include the cost to deliver fuel)
What does Sate Farm roadside Service cover?
Roadside service covers you during your travels in a vehicle. You’re covered in all of the following situations:
- Driving your own car
- Someone else is driving your car
- You’re a passenger in your car
Your service with State Farm roadside assistance extends to your travels throughout the US and Canada, with mechanics and representatives available 24/7.
Once you become a member, your benefits include the following:
- Towing: You get towing to your nearest gas station or auto repair shop.
- Flat tire service: If your tire pops or goes flat, you get them inflated or changed on request.
- Emergency fuel delivery: If you’re stuck without fuel, you get a fuel delivery. The amount is enough to get you to the nearest gas station.
- Car battery service: If your vehicle’s battery breaks or fails to start, you get jump-started or an emergency battery replacement.
- Mechanical first-aid: If your vehicle isn’t running, you get on-the-spot minor repairs. This excludes auto part replacements or supplies. You’re covered for up to 1 hour of service.
- Locksmith service: Did you lock your keys in your car? Roadside assistance helps you to regain access inside your vehicle.
- Winching services: If your car is stuck in the mud, snow, or a ditch, a mechanic is sent to remove it.
How does State Farm roadside assistance work?
If your vehicle breaks down for any reason, you’re able to call State Farm roadside service for help. This service is open to you 24 hour hours a day, seven days a week. It applies to all cars that you drive, whether you’re the passenger or the driver, and services anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
To get State Farm roadside assistance, you need to be an auto or home insurance policyholder. This additional service is an affordable $4.56 per year.
There are sometimes extra costs for labor-intensive repairs or services. For example, an enduring car battery replacement or extra towing miles. State Farm members are able to request emergency roadside assistance in three ways.
A Good Deal Can Be Hidden
Obviously from the above table you can see that State Farm’s roadside assistance is more expensive than other similar add-on coverages that also marry you to the insurance provider. That’s why it’s important to compare quotes for the total insurance policy (not just the emergency road price) from each insurer before you make a final decision as to which is the highest priced plan. After all, depending on your driving record and the vehicle you’re insuring, the roadside service’s premium could be offset within the total auto insurance package.
As we mentioned earlier, it’s important to also consider the reputation of each insurance carrier before you pick a roadside plan. You obviously want a company that is responsive and won’t keep you waiting on the side of the highway.
Well, State Farm didn’t get to be #1 without having a good reputation when it comes to reliability and customer satisfaction. So going with the State Farm roadside coverage seems like a solid choice.
Take a look at these State Farm consumer reviews which support this point of view:
- Consumer Affairs is 4.0/5.0 stars (2,625 reviews)
- J.D. Power “Power Circle Satisfaction Rating” is “About Average” (#8 out of 23 insurers)
- A.M. Best financial strength is A++ (“Superior”)
Each of these positive ratings show that State Farm knows what it’s doing when it comes to taking care of their insureds.
Should I Use a Motor Club like AAA instead?
Perhaps the most famous motor club membership, AAA, isn’t meant as just an emergency roadside service but rather a more robust program that gives members access to various discounts and bonus features. Motor clubs are most useful to those that travel quite a bit, have an unreliable vehicle, or are most likely to use the member discounts. If you don’t fall into any of those categories then opting for State Farm’s add-on roadside coverage might be a better choice.
Is it Worth Buying State Farm’s Roadside Assistance?
If you’re already a State Farm insured then adding on their roadside services is easy and affordable. Making sure you and your family have this type of coverage in place will give you peace of mind knowing future auto breakdowns won’t stop you for long. That’s because State Farm has a dependable and professional roadside plan.
Keep in mind, you will have to switch your entire auto policy to State Farm if you don’t already have insurance through the carrier. In this case, it’s best to evaluate your current insurance company’s roadside program and its price tag versus what State Farm sells.
Shopping for emergency roadside plans is a good use of your time and energy. No matter which roadside plan you pick, you’ll save quite a bit of out-pocket money should your car stop rolling one day.
Prefer to Call?
Contact Stefarm service provider at 877-627-5757